While the Carilion Wellness facilities are closed until further notice, your wellness should not be! We have pulled together resources to ensure that our communities are staying well during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please read below for more information on our outdoor and virtual classes.
Outdoor Classes (Members Only)
Beginning May 26, we will begin offering outdoor classes and personal training boot camps on the weekdays at Roanoke, Botetourt and Westlake for current members only. Outdoor classes will be 30 minutes and length and are limited to ten participants including instructor(s).
To sign up for our outdoor classes, please download the Carilion Wellness app to view the schedule at your home location. If you need help with downloading the app and registering for classes, please view the following tutorials for iPhone and Android. Registration for outdoor classes will be available 24 hours prior to the class start time.
In order to keep our staff and members safe, we ask that you please review the following guidelines before attending a class:
- All classes are ages 15 and up.
- All classes are weather permitting.
- Due to the limited availability, we ask that members only sign up for one class per day.
- If you do not show up for a class in which you have registered, you may be restricted from signing up for classes for one week.
- If you need to cancel your registration, we ask that you do so one hour prior to the class start time.
- Please plan to change clothes or use the restroom before you arrive as access to the inside of the facilities is not allowed.
- Participants must stay at least 10 feet apart while exercising.
- Any equipment needed will be set-up by staff prior to class and all equipment will be sanitized between classes.
- Please bring your own water bottle and towel, if needed.
- For yoga classes, please bring your own mat.
- Video series with Carilion Wellness staff which includes weekly pre-recorded videos as well as Live videos posted to our social media channels and YouTube.
- The content of these videos includes at-home exercises ranging from low to high impact and mental wellness tips such as meditation/mindfulness.
Les Mills On Demand
- Non-Carilion Wellness Members: Free access to a variety of Les Mills classes that can be done from the comfort of your home during the pandemic including BodyPump, BodyFlow, and more! Click here to access this content.
- Carilion Wellness Members: Unlimited access to the full subscription of Les Mills On Demand (900 classes) at no charge through May 31, 2020. To access your subscription, please use the link below that corresponds your home location. Your request will be submitted to your facility’s director for approval within 24 hours.
- Roanoke – Click here to register
Julie Moore, Senior Director of Operations, JMMoore@carilionclinic.org
- Botetourt/Blacksburg/Downtown – Click here to register
Kevin Zeff, Director of Operations, KDZeff@carilionclinic.org
- Westlake – Click here to register
Katie Tate, Director of Operations KCTate@carilionclinic.org