Massage therapy improves circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues. It relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility, and helps clear lactic acid and other waste, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints. It is thought to help the body's stress response by lowering levels of hormones such as cortisol and can help enhance immune function.
Massage therapy can help relieve symptoms for:
- Back pain
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis
- Stress relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
Carilion Wellness offers massage through an independent* company, Head to Toe Massage, LLC, at our Botetourt location.
Sean Geoghegan, CMT
VA license # 0019004254
*Sean Geoghegan, CMT is not employed by either Carilion Clinic or Carilion Wellness.
For more information on Head to Toe Massage, LLC, including a price list, please visit www.bacmassage.com.